Associate professor of Psychiatry, Amsterdam UMC/VUMc
- A psychiatrist at PsyQ, psycho-medical programs, Head Expertise Center Adult ADHD, The Hague, The Netherlands
- Sandra Kooij started in 1995 with research and the development of diagnostic assessment and treatment of adult ADHD in the Netherlands. In 2006 she received her PhD on a thesis entitled ‘ADHD in adults. Clinical studies on Assessment and Treatment’.
- Since 2002 she is head of the Dutch Expertise Center Adult ADHD, and involved in research, treating patients, educating professionals, informing the public, publishing books, scientific papers, websites and a new ADHD app, Super Brains.
- Since 2016 she is also Associate Professor of Psychiatry at Amsterdam University Center/VUMC in Amsterdam.
- She published over 100 peer-reviewed international papers and more than 20 books or book chapters on ADHD in adults.
- She chairs de DIVA Foundation that developed the Diagnostic Interview for ADHD in adults (DIVA 2.0, now DIVA-5 based on DSM-5 criteria) that will be online available in more than 20 languages.
- She is the initiator and chair of the European Network Adult ADHD that unites 68 members from 24 countries.
- She is a board member of Eunethydis, a member of the Scientific Committee of the World Federation of ADHD, honorary member of ADHD Europe, as well as on the Advisory Council of Apsard.